Sunday, August 26, 2007

Re: Classic Movie Lounge

One of our "favoritist" other classic cinema blogs to visit and refer people to is Classic Movie Lounge, and I noticed for several days that when I attempt to visit I'd get a 404 error message.

So I sent Nathania, the blog's author, an email asking what's up with that, and found out that their server went down for about 10 days, and just about everything was lost in the process. Because of this unfortunate incident, Nathania is rebuilding from scratch and hopes to be back on line September 4, the day after labor day.

I really feel for Nathania, I don't know how she reacted to this, but if it were me, the word "conniption" would have to be redefined. To coin a new word, I'd be "vesuvial", so named after the famous volcano who's explosive eruption destroyed Pompeii on August 24, 79AD.

So hang in there, folks, I know that many of you who visit Classic Cinema Online also enjoy Classic Movie Lounge, as do I. They'll be back up soon.

1 comment:

KL said...

I was wondering the same thing! I thought she was just re-vamping the layout or something...I'm sorry to hear that she isn't "revamping" it by choice. :(

Thanks for letting other readers know.